There is a rhythm to pipe smoking, a ritual even, one that allows you, if you let it, to enter into a state of contemplation. You must pack the pipe first, and pack it well, else you will have an uneven smoke, causing the pipe either to burn out too quickly or not to stay lit. Then, once properly packed, you must light it. And this too is a ritual. The first light chars the tobacco on top, the second causes the ember to reside deep within the bowl. Once the ritual of packing and lighting is completed comes the smoking. This too must follow some kind of rhythm.
Pretty much my feelings on this film –
Peter Walker: Ken Russell’s phallic farce starring Hugh Grant and Peter Capaldi is drearily sexist, accidentally absurd and undeniably a stinker. But its defiant disrespect for plot and taste win me over
Caught between vast, self-regarding waves of boomers and millennials, Generation X is steeped in irony, detachment, and a sense of dread. One of their rank argues that this attitude makes it the best suited to preserve American tradition in these dark new days.
10. You can get a lot of free food and drinks if you pretend you’re a Bronco fan.
9. If you don’t use at least 50 sunscreen, you’ll look like this guy.
8. Who you hang out with in winter depends on which ski pass you buy.
7. ‘One more drink and then we’ll call it?’ Better think twice. For flatlanders, that drink is going to hit much harder at 5,280 feet. Not that you shouldn’t slam that final shot of whiskey, just be sure to grab hold of something secure before you stand up.
6. We’re not necessarily excited that you moved here. Locals are getting pretty fed up with the booming population.
5. The giant, evil-looking stallion outside Denver International Airport actually is evil. Luis Jimenez, the sculptor of what has become the most notorious piece of public
Let’s start off September the right way –